Monday, April 16, 2012

Taste of Summer



On Thursday, late so they wouldn't bother anyone, my internet provider switched out equipment leaving the entire town without internet.  Someone forgot how to program it or whatever.  They fixed most of it on Friday, but blah blah, the super-cute phone guy came this morning to ascertain it wasn't my modem/replacement modem/nook/me and being the clever fellow he is--and I mean it--he was able to do what the others couldn't.  I would use his name in a book to memorialize him but I already have.  Yes he's been here before--once to repair the damage to the line when the squirrels chewed through it.

I used the time to work on my new book, have withdrawals and come to the conclusion that thinking about sales is pointless.  If my mind is persuaded otherwise, I'll mention it.


I also did some computer housekeeping while looking for some images and found this from the Nikon D70.
I threw a little sharpening at it and was very surprised to see how good it was.  This was even shot with the lens I don't like the 55-200 VR zoom.  The Nikon D7k is a superior camera in all ways but well heck, the D70 did the photography for the Complete Idiot's Guide I did and there were no complaints from Penguin.  

I did some shooting for another project and used the 40mm.  I can't imagine coming home and being as pleased with the results if I had used the zoom.

No comments: