Thursday, April 12, 2012

Let's Try to Talk Price

Something happened this afternoon that made me pause my roasting garlic to try to address this issue.
I repriced almost everything today.  I gave it about 6-8 weeks at the "realistic" pricing and  boy did I pay for that.
Within a couple hours at BN of repricing to basically 99 cents across the board, sales jumped.

So here's the question I'm putting to all of us. What is more valuable--volume or price point?  I can actually answer that  from some experience.  Here's what I've learned.  THE MORE BOOKS YOU SELL THE MORE BOOKS YOU SELL.

Selling 1 book at $4.99 might be very nice, realistic and good for your ego but it does nothing for your ranking.
Selling 5 at 99 cents has a chance of moving you up.  The further up you go, the better the chance more people will see you.  The more people who see you, the better the chance that they will buy.  The more people who buy leads to more people buying.

Did I make more money today than yesterday?  No.  But it sure was nice to see Rise sell after about 3 months.

This is something you'll need to play with and figure out for yourself.

For those interested in animated gifs

No comments: