Saturday, February 4, 2012

Windows


You thought I meant Microscoff Windows.  No.

For the 2nd time this week, I changed a cover on kindle, they congratulated me for achieving publishing success and yet the cover hadn't changed.

I was alerted to a site called All Romance Ebooks and actually they also sell nonfiction, so it's not set in stone.  It's an interesting idea and well done.  Of course you can go to Amazon and search for romances and find them.  What these people are doing is drilling the categories down to a remarkable level as well as providing heat levels.  Although I will say I'm a little dubious about a male/male erotica thing being in "inspiration" just because one of the guys is the son of a preacher man.  But there are glitches in every system.

They provide books in whatever format the author/publisher wants to upload so goodbye issues with having to buy from Kobo or iBookstore or Kindle or BN.

If I was really into reading romance, I would go to this site because it's easier, it's concentrating on exactly what I want.  So I'm thinking that in the future, why wouldn't there be sites just like this for other genres.  They cater to their niche market, they can have contests, give away books, have activities, forums, be a community of like minded readers.

Amazon is MegaMart.  It's cold, impersonal, and it helps if you know what you're looking for.  If the book isn't in the top 100 or whatever, it's hard to be found.  If you can be more specific about what you're looking for, you might actually find it.

We're going to see lots of experimentation in the digital world and it will be very exciting.  OTOH, expect to see no experimentation in legacy publishing just a lot of press releases proclaiming their success, stability and the uselessness of digital.

No comments: