Friday, February 10, 2012

Free Falling



I love this song.  I stayed for a while in Reseda.  It's just all houses, there's no discernible town center.  It's off of Ventura Blvd.

I'm not falling at the moment.  Bad Apple is having a free day and doing quite nicely.


I hope this time readers will connect with it and go on to the other 2 books.

I didn't work on my new YA today instead I took my own Gimme Cap advice and created a booklette called Map of a Heart.  This is exactly what should be free.  A small...oh, perfect phrase for it!  Oh geez, it's French, I better not use it around any drunk trolls or they'll turn me in to the Kindle Spelling Police.

A freebie is an amuse bouche.  It's like a starter, a tidbit to whet your appetite.  You don't serve them the meal, you offer them a tidbit, an amuse bouche.  That's what this booklette is.  I had some vintage postcards and found some more in public domain and used Elizabeth Barrett Browning's Sonnets from the Portuguese "How do I love thee, let me count the ways...".  I used one line per page, 1 image per page.  It came to about 14 pages.

It'll be free the day after Amazon gets around to publishing it.  I hope they don't wonder if I wrote this one.

How does this have anything to do with anything else I've written?  Well....um, I have a list of my "romance" novels at the end.  It's publicity.  It's about getting your name out there.  It's about getting noticed.

Now I have something of a conundrum.  I had Schtupid Cupid scheduled for a free day on the 14th.  I wrote Sweets For Your Sweet for Valentine's Day.  It's overkill.

Update:  I don't have to worry about it.  Amazon has this new book in review just like Sweets For Your Sweet and that took almost a week to get out of KDP jail, so I just threw away about 6 hours of work trying to finish something for Valentine's Day for Kindle Select.

And Joe Konrath keeps telling us how much Amazon loves authors.

No comments: