Thursday, February 16, 2012

Kindle Direct Publishing Specifics

This is the place to find detailed information so no one can come back to you and say "You're doing it wrong".

Kindle Support How To Do Everything

Well actually they can and I'm not at all convinced that any of these devices works 100% 100% of the time.  I was checking the Flashes and there were a couple pages missing.   Blanks.  The next time I looked, the pages were there.  So self-publishers can get blamed for screwy formatting or fonts when it might not be us at all.

What doesn't sit right with me is how willing and quick some readers are to not just blame but slam, decry and demean authors.  They're getting books for a bargain price.  I suspect there are very few serious indie publishers who price their books at the astronomical levels of tradpub, and yet it's still not enough.  So $2.99, $1.99, 99 cents, even free, some drunk troll has to leave their burrow and take their shot.

If readers are entitled to perfect books, I'm entitled to perfect readers of those books.

No comments: