Sunday, October 30, 2011

Are These Books Or Are They Reads

What's a book?

noun
1.a written or printed work of fiction or nonfiction, usually on sheets of paper fastened or bound together within covers.
2.a number of sheets of blank or ruled paper bound together for writing, recording business transactions, etc.
 
Usually on sheets of paper.  But now not so much.  Do we need a new word or a definition? 
I hate the term "read".  "Oh that was a good read."  No, I hate that.  But I'm not entirely comfortable calling an ebook a book either.  Novel is too many syllables.  It would never catch on.  Then I need a looser definition of book/novel to suggest that it is a digital reading entertainment.
 
Back to Flash2.  I think at some point I would consider putting the 2 of them together if they would sell at an increased price ie more than double what the 2 would normally be priced at.


No comments: