Tuesday, July 5, 2011

It's Harder Than It Seems

Have you ever listened to the Led Zeppelin song Going To California? 

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams,
Telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems. 

(I guess that's a copyright infringement!  I'm calling it Fair Use.)
I don't know why I thought this new cookbook would be a snap but I'm here to say it's really harder than it seems.  For one thing, most writers don't wind up doing the photography so not only am I racing around trying to invent, write, and cook the things, I'm also trying to set up the shots.

I'm also here to say I really needed this after the past 15 months.  I wrote a lot; harder than any time in my life.  I needed a break and since I can't actually GO anywhere, the photography is a nice escape.

I have no idea when I'll be done with this book but NLM2 will be published this week if everything goes well.   I have an almost final version of the cover but I keep moving things around so haven't found the perfect placement yet.



No comments: