Wednesday, January 19, 2011

For This Incredibly Small Sum Of Money

You too can be published this year!

Wow!  I'm going to rush right over to Lulu and save $950!

2011 is going to be your year.

Did you know Lulu authors who use Lulu professional services sell twice as many books? It's true!

If it's been awhile since you looked into our publishing pack options, you're in for a pleasant surprise. Our professional services team is pleased to announce simplified solutions, which will save you even more time and money.

From now until January 24, enter code SVCNEWYEAR305 to save 20% off any Publishing Pack. Save up to $950. 


Let me tell you a story, a true one.  I stumbled upon a guy, I'll name names--Tony Harold I think it was--who was going to set up a publishing company here in America.  We exchanged some emails and I sent him a novel.  He liked it.  He wanted to publish it.  I told my friend who lived far far away.  Simon (not his real name) sent Tony his novel.  This novel was really quite good, very funny and deserved to be published but of course tradpub wasn't interested.   Tony liked Simon's book.  That was good.  Simon flew in from far far away, and Tony flew in from far far away, and I came in quite a way and we all met.  Tony had promised to give me an advance that day but he started backpedaling.  He was spinning and lying in a way I had never quite seen before, and I had seen a lot of bad behavior.  I got up and walked out.  Say an hour later Simon got out of the meeting and we met for lunch.  He signed with Tony.  I couldn't believe what I was hearing.  Simon had just witnessed me being abused by Tony and STILL he was comfortable signing with this guy.  I tried to talk him out of it.  But I suspect Simon thought it was mostly my fault, I can be difficult to get along with and maybe got offended that Tony wanted a rewrite.  Okey Dokey.  Fast forward like 2 years.  Simon's book was published.  I received a copy, it was fine physically, but everything else was wrong wrong wrong.  Big lawsuit later...You know it was all sorrow.  I don't even think Simon writes anymore and that's a tragedy.  It's our loss.

"Simon" if you read this, fly to where your power is!  Write comedy!  EPUB!!!

That's how I feel about Lulu claiming anything about writers selling twice as much with their package.  What, someone sells 2 instead of 1?  Don't believe it.  This publishing thing the way it is now should cost you ZERO.  Learn how to do everything yourself, all knowledge is power.  Don't pay anyone to do what you can do.  The age of writers being desperate is over.  That's so 20th Century.

Are you going to tell me that Lulu presents you with a paper book?  Test market it first as an ebook.  If people are clamoring for a paper book, then go with Lulu or CreateSpace.



No comments: