Monday, March 26, 2012

The Ice Cream Parlor Update

Since I've made much of freebies having no effect, from the deepest depths (practically, it wasn't in the millions) of Amazon rankings, we float toward the top
One thing that holds true on Amazon is that the more you sell the more you sell.  Once you can get on a list and people can see you, then your book will be bought.

I'm sorry I don't know how many sales this represents but it's 14 for the month and it was basically nothing before the freebie.  Although 4 sounds familiar.  So say 10 and apparently in these categories that's enough to get up there.

If I knew how to do it, I'd do it for all my books so I'm not withholding special success secrets from you.
It could be back in the deepest depths by tomorrow morning.  That's about how fast NLM collapsed last year.
It's the mystical Amazon algorithm process.  It's like Vegas.  When you're hot you're hot and when you're not, open up the ice cream because that's as cold as you are.

Write something people want to read.  I couldn't find a publisher interested in this so according to tradpub no one wanted to read it.

More than that, my quirky advice is write something important to you.  Write something you believe has merit, that is significant, that is worth your spending your time on and the reader spending their time and money on.
Maybe it won't sell.  But maybe, like that woman who reviewed one of my books so stirringly that you could sense the emotion that still resonated in her over it,  you touch someone and change their life just a little.

uptheupdate:  I guess I have to rethink Freebies.  In my defense, this is the 1st time it's worked for me.  Why are people buying this book?  2200 people downloaded it for free yesterday (and Saturday and Friday), isn't that everyone on the planet who wants the history of soda fountains?  I mean, thank you for your interest.  I hope you enjoy it.  Have an egg cream for me.  (Get the Foxx's U-Bet.)

No comments: