Saturday, November 26, 2011

Flash of Light

Is live on BN and a copy already sold so thank you whoever you are.  I just uploaded it to Amazon so who knows how long that will take.


I wanted an eye-catching light effect and there are a number of things you can do in Photoshop to get you there.
This time I chose 3D.  I'm not sure when that became available but it's in CS4.  My somewhat older computer has just enough power to manage 3D which I'm told puts a lot of demand on the system/video card. 

While this looks complicated it's really pretty straight forward and simple to achieve.  You create the text then go into 3D mode, create the ghost effect and then pull it forward thereby expanding it.  You can make it any color you want with hue/saturation and you're done.  I used a Photoshop filter to create the lens flare because, after all, Kip is a photographer.  Again very simple.  I don't think it takes more than 10 or 15 minutes.

I'm looking forward to Kindle Lending opening up to indies in 5 days and learning what the specifics are.  I suspect as long as you can get out of it, I will give it a whirl

I "watched" the movie Country Strong this morning because of a free premium channels weekend.  When you're rooting for the main character to die, something is really wrong.  So what was Kelly's problem?  I don't know.  She was kind of a horrible person.  If everyone else is okay with adultery, I'm actually not, so her sleeping with her husband and boyfriend at the same time seems kind of emotionally sleazy to me.  I think instead of the spa she went to for rehab, she should have gone to the ranch that Gabe Milne went to in Flash.  Anyway I see so few movies, I didn't know who any of the actors were except Mrs Coldplay.  All the men seemed to have beards which made it hard for me to tell them apart.  They were all quite furry.  Is that the same Tim McGraw as is married to Faith Hill or some other Tim McGraw?  That was very confusing and I spent a lot of time pondering that instead of trying to unravel the stupid plot.

No comments: