Sunday, August 21, 2011

I Used To Love Going To The Movies

I don't go anymore.  It all seems like crap to me.  I don't even have premium channels on the satellite dish.  Every time they have a free weekend, they run movies that are 20 years old or whatever.  Then I say "I'm not paying for that."  I know they do spiffy new programming about undertakers, mass murderers or vampires.  And someone with cancer.  Ah, gee, no thanks.  I can watch the news if I want to be scared or depressed.

Don't worry, there's a writing tip coming up.

I'm sending the Tokina lens back; you won't have to hear about it anymore.  I know some photographers rely on 1 lens, often a prime, a 50mm or something.  Their go-to lens.  I've always gone with a zoom.  So the 55-200 seems to have great utility for me and perfectly adequate results.  It's hard to break these habits.  The Tokina was fine and terrific but I have the zoom so don't need a lens hanging around in a drawer.  I really love the D7K and the only thing worth changing would be a split screen viewfinder.  When I called Nikon some years back about this the support guy practically laughed at me.  Yeah, that's the kind of attitude you want in your help staff.  Anyway I guess they don't do that anymore.  But it would make the D7K perfect.

Here's the writing tip.  It never ceases to amaze me that someone will over-use certain words and never notice.  Using the same word like say beautiful on the page twice is bad.  Using it twice in the same paragraph is awful.  And I've seen it happen in the same sentence.  Don't do that.





No comments: