Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Nothing Is Done

I worked with Photoshop most of the day. I was trying to achieve a Polaroid effect to a photo.  I did it with 2 different tuts and felt unsatisfied with both for different reasons.  You don't know when such a technique might be exactly what you can use.  It can give you ideas for new directions to go in.

It may seem far from writing but it's about ebooks.  If you don't have money to hire someone to do it for you, you have to do it yourself and it darn well better be good/professional level.  There's little worse than seeing a badly created cover.  It suggests the book is as badly conceived.

Here's some advice.  If you have a limited budget and can either hire a designer for the cover or hire an editor to help you with the manuscript--go with a good editor.  That's why you need to do the cover well yourself, that's why I've been talking about it for months--it's important.

So then I did this and now I'll go do Kate or Viva.  Or Bel.





No comments: