Thursday, July 15, 2010

New Disconnected Cover

I think the problem is Disconnected is such a long word.  I don't think this technique lends itself visually as well to the diagonal as the horizontal and I got the lines too narrow.

I followed the tut and he really did everything the harder way.  If I, who knows so little, can figure out better ways to achieve the same ends, something is really wrong!  You need to break the design into components. You create the lines elsewhere, turn them into a png file then place them on the background either vertical, horizontal or diagonal, you create those blobs of color as brushes then you can use them anywhere at anytime..  You don't start at 0 every time.

But he used a really cool font that costs $40.  This is close but the other one is extreme.

No comments: