Saturday, July 3, 2010

Men & Fathers

My whole life is Kate. All I'm thinking about is the sequel in which girl and boy transform into husband and wife and then father and mother.

Holiday weekend that it is, there is nothing but junk on television. Runaway Bride is on now. I particularly hate this movie, as I do so many, because the man has all the relationship wisdom and the woman is the numbskull. How like life. Not. That's actually not what this post is about.The bartender is the actor used in all the Richard Gere-Julia Roberts movies, or maybe Garry Marshall movies. I saw he was playing the father in a Disney series.  He's gay.

What more perfect typecasting for the emasculated befuddled American father portrayed in entertainment for the last 20 years than a fey gay guy.


No comments: