Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sweeping Up

Maybe not the right title for this post but better than the ice cream thing which continues to bring people here looking for I have no idea what.

So Sweeps.  People ask what I do to promote my books and I do nothing.  I would love to have a platform and reach a wide audience, of course.  But I don't.  Anything I would write an article on would be published somewhere no one would be interested in Sweeps or NLM.  I didn't mention my books in the food photography article.  I hate it when people do that.  I really hate it because it seems desperate.  It's not for me, if you're okay with it, go do it full out.  I can't do it.  I'm probably wrong.

Over the weekend at BN there was an increase in interest in Sweeps (actually for all my adult books which have never sold well there, only the middle reader books have an audience at BN),  Sweeps was ranked in the 24,000s.  Which is good.  Summer Horse and Dream Horse are above 10,000 which for a kid's book I think is great.

Then sales of Sweeps yesterday had me writing to my pal, Chris, "WHAT???"  Everytime I looked, it had sold more.

Today the ranking is such a jump from yesterday's 24,000 whatever, that I want to share it with you.

  • Pub. Date: November 2010
  • Publisher: DashingBooks
  • Sold By: Barnes & Noble
  • Format: NOOK Book (eBook)
  • Sales Rank: 1,486
Sales ranks move substantially when you have a lot of sales in a short amount of time.  So it must be on a list somewhere.
 
Thanks, Ariel.
 



No comments: