Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sweeps

Sweeps was a difficult book in some ways.  It must have had about a half dozen titles and at first I was thinking about Pride & Prejudice in a television studio.  I rewrote it many times.  It was more heavily invested in Judaism originally.  It was rejected by many agents.  I don't know if it ever got as far as a publisher.

There's a scene of anti-semitism that essentially happened to me early one morning and then I had to go to the studio.  I was completely unglued.  Luckily the staff at One Life was great.  

I thought it was good writing and I was baffled year after year to have it rejected.  Geez, they didn't get it at all.  There was nothing redeeming about this book for any tradpubber who read and plus !!!!! The printer was too light for one very astute agent.

Today Sweeps had its own little milestone.  Fleeting tho these milestones are...

No comments: