Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Legacy Publishing Nails It Again!

Yahoo!

I won't go into the whole story of it, the why (not my idea, the point is that there's interest in this book as a film property) and all like that.  Ugh.  And I won't name names.  I'll just say I got a pass today from a Big 6 editor for Not Low Maintenance.  She said it just didn't have the twists and turns of a suspense novel to compete in a very bloated category.

Okey Dokey.  What didn't she understand about the novel being a ROMANTIC COMEDY?
Who said anything about suspense or legal thriller (except of course Amazon).  All you have to do is read the book and see all the humor, the screwball comedy of it, to know it's not a serious book.

Class.  What did we learn from this?  Anyone?  Bueller?

Either she didn't read the book or her ability to comprehend what she's reading--I can't even call it nuance, the thing is flat out light women's fiction whatever the term we don't have for it is--is minimal.  The book is full of illustrations.  When was the last time a suspense novel had a watercolor of a hen, mixing bowls, or Stern's Wharf in it?

This is so bizarre.  I despair of these people.

So I'm turning back to the test photography for the NLM2 book which is probably a historic ghost story provided your eyes are in backwards.

No comments: