Friday, May 20, 2011

You Thought I was Done With Reviews

ACK!  The bane of my life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice - but, May 19, 2011
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Not Low Maintenance (Kindle Edition)
As in "Sweeps" which I devoured, the story of a strong young woman's struggle to attract and hold her one and only is marvellously told. Like travel in spectacular country, there's always much to marvel at.
Until the end. An error.. A cumulative poison comes into play - but the one chosen is not in fact cumulative. And this does tend to suspend belief. However in an ebook that could be easily fixed . 


This is not an error.   Apple seeds are poisonous.  Yes, in quantity.  I don't know even by researching it, how many you really have to eat and in what time-frame.  I'm sure because it's POISON this information is probably better off not revealed  like Casey Anthony learning how to make chloroform to kill little Caylee. 

This is fiction.  I'm not Kathy Reichs or Patricia Cornwell.  I'm not a forensic scientist and from the level of some of the reviews, neither are the readers.  Geez, just let it go.

Old Pete, I'm grateful for your lovely review of Sweeps and the appreciation you have for my work.  That said, Please don't read Fling.  If you show up here, contact me and explain this really easy Act 3 fix which has tentacles everywhere.  I guarantee if I can't shoot holes it in like I was using a TEC-9, I will use the fix.  

Liberty Media has offered a billion dollars for Barnes & Noble.

We all know I'm bad at math (and poisons apparently!) and forget business, that ain't gonna work for me either.  But Amazon to quote Charlie Sheen for the 2nd time this week (and he disgusts me) "Winning!"  BN has to do something different already.  

If Amazon really wants to put a stake into BN's heart the easiest way is to open up the Kindle Store to epub.  Draw everyone in the world to the digital superstore regardless of their reading device. 
Maybe that's simplifying it but Amazon is the driving force in digital content.  Except there's this epub issue.  Maybe that's where Bezos is going based on what we talked about yesterday.  If so then BN has to offer something different, something that Amazon doesn't offer.  What's that?  Besides a Nook Color, BN offers nothing different.  Although I like the readers who leave my nice reviews there very much.  

The big thing is always going to happen.  Then when it does, it turns out not to be such a big thing.  So we wait till the end of this year to find out if Amazon adopts epub format.

You know vampires are not real, right?  There is no school of witchcraft and wizardry and shouting expelliarmus does not disarm your foes.

YIKES!


No comments: