Monday, September 10, 2012

Go Read About Screenwriting

While I was in California and I was in television, I never did a movie.  That's not to say I didn't try.

What does this have to do with digital  books?  Just about everything as far as I can tell.  The same techniques apply to both businesses.

Let's assume you are not writing great literature.  You're writing commercial fiction.
I had someone say they wanted to have their book discovered by Hollywood and turned into a movie.

That's a good goal. I don't think it's very easy when Hollywood is constricting and making increasingly uninteresting sh*t for the masses.  Don't blame me, check the box office stats on it.

But okay you want someone in Hollywood to find your book and maybe make it a cable movie.  Or a webmovie.
Whatever level you get to, you'll be happy, right?

Write a book that sounds like a movie.

Then pitch it like a movie.

Blurb it like a movie.

You want to write an ebook that will get noticed?  Do all of the above.

With one proviso--don't write off-genre like I do.

No comments: