Sunday, October 24, 2010

Nothing Serious

Disconnected/Paige, Turning/Nothing Serious.

There's something about this book people are not getting.  It's a very cute story.  It was with a publisher before I asked for it back.  I'm not sorry I didn't let them go forward with it and I still think, eventually, it will find an audience.  I like the cover image.  So did an editor I sent it to.  I'm not sure how much difference a cover makes.  If it's attractive, shouldn't that work?  I don't have the answer.  Would I be better off with a naked male torso like someone assured me?

That brings up the question/problem I have.  Should a cover have ANYTHING to do with the book?  Yeah maybe naked men sell books but if there are no semi-nude men in the book, isn't that a misrepresentation?  I took the sex scene out for the publisher and I didn't bother to put it back.  It wasn't all hot and steamy anyway.  I'm rather embarrassed by these invasions of privacy.  (Which is why I'm not racing to deal with Fling.)


No comments: