Thursday, October 21, 2010

Audience

I've been having an exchange over the last few days with an ebook writer who is doing massively better than I am.  This person writes commercial fiction and I think if you can do that it's very easy to find an audience.

I've never really done commercial fiction.  Whatever I've done is more on the quirky side.  Not in a good Bohemian type way that's all edgy and easily identifiable as being predictably quirky.  It's more along the lines of "Sheesh!  Was it this?  Is it action, romance, comedy, tragedy WHAT?"  No, it's just life reflected on your screen.

My great hope for ebooks was and is that people who are out of the mainstream can find a group of like-minded weirdos here in the virtual world. 

I renamed Sweeps and created a new cover.  I only put this version on B&N.  And yesterday the 1st copy sold at Amazon.  So as a test marketing adventure, I draw no conclusions.



No comments: