Friday, August 6, 2010

Decision Made

I'm going to publish Blue Raja next.  I wrote it several years ago and for various reasons--mostly not having to do with the book itself--agents didn't want to handle it.

Agents are funny creatures.  Most of them have a perception of themselves which is expansive and inclusive but the reality tends to be far more narrow in scope.  If they handle nonfiction, they don't handle fiction.  If they handle adult fiction, they don't handle young adult.  If they handle young adult, then they don't do fantasy.  One would have thought after Harry Potter, they would have all embraced fantasy but no. 

Do I think Blue Raja is fantasy?  Not really.  There's no magic, no dragons, no vampires.  It's set 30 years in the future--I guess that makes it fantasy for them.

For those who have been with me since the inception of the blog, yeah, I can change colors and everything with Photoshop now.

This is the cover.


No comments: