Thursday, May 27, 2010

Just Kate

After working on this cover yesterday afternoon,  this is all I can expect so I'm calling it done.  But I say that and 6 weeks later, I'm at it again.

I, apparently, want to tell a "story" with the cover design and I want it to appear 3D.  So that's something interesting to find out after working with Photoshop for the last 8 weeks.

The book still needs a tweak mostly to keep it in line with the sequel (if it's ever written).  It's lovely that it's possible to rewrite history, change things around to suit my current needs.  It's also lovely that I can write a sequel that would never ever sell to mainstream and it can be available to the reading public.  Whether they want it is another issue that's too depressing to go into.  The whole Joe Konrath Effect situation.

There is a book I should work on which is Phase 3 in my career.  All this going back to work produced during Phase 1 and Phase 2 doesn't seem so helpful.

No comments: