Friday, June 4, 2010

What Photoshop Is Really Good At

This is a poster from 1916.  What's white now was all yellowed.  I opened it in PS and clicked on auto color or whatever, and it was instantly corrected.  It knew what to do.  How did it know what was yellow was originally white?

I'll tell you what it's not really good at and that's cropping an image.  I don't know why it's not more precise about it.  Usually I just open the image in FastStone and crop it there for accuracy.  Maybe I'm doing it wrong.  Now that I figured out you don't click the image to crop it you go to the icon.  There's probably a hot key but in all of Adobe's wisdom, this hot key business is not to be found easily on their site.  I've seen it mentioned on sites of geniuses at PS who have taken pity on the rest of us dopes and try to help us out.  My thanks go out to them.

 


No comments: