Friday, February 4, 2011

Many Months Later- Rejection City

Thank you for letting me consider BAD APPLE. I read your pages with interest, but after some deliberation I just don't think I'm the right agent for this project, although it's clear to me that it promises to be a fine book.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but others will surely feel differently and I certainly wish you every success.

Best,

Eleanor

Eleanor XXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX Literary Agency
www.XXXXXX.com

Okay I give her points for being nice.
I don't understand it.

"It's going to be a fine book but I don't represent fine books, thank you for thinking of me!"

I had to think for a moment, what book is this?  Then I realized, that was the Bad Apple that is selling nicely. 

Just let me say this for anyone new to the blog.  The book is published and selling.  I have the satisfaction of knowing it's reaching an audience.  The 2nd in the series is published and selling.   I have the satisfaction of knowing it's reaching an audience.  

If I had put my life on hold for tradpub, I would be NOWHERE now.

Why did I bother?  I knew I was going digital with it the moment it was finished.  My books don't sell in the vast numbers that other more commercial writers do, and I can use the money from an advance. 

2 comments:

Shelia Huggins said...

Yeah, I'm waiting for an agent to respond but sort of not waiting. I'm also working on getting it ready for kindle.

I sent the requested material two weeks ago and haven't even received an email that it was received. I was thinking of sending an email to see if he received but then he might look at it. It's almost easier to presume it's a no already and move on.

Shelia
www.peelingcheek.wordpress.com

Barb said...

I think you're right, Sheila. Presume it's a no. Go forward with your life. Put the book up for sale. If they come to you at some future moment (when they're good and ready) you can talk.