Wednesday, November 24, 2010

#6

That would be Sweeps in the screenwriting category on Amazon.  My pal pointed out I'm right next to F. Scott Fitzgerald.  (It's all about writing for television, it absolutely belongs in that category.)

I have much to be thankful for this holiday.  I would like to be specific (because Rabbi Pliskin says you should be).  I would like to thank Jeff Bezos for creating Amazon and all that means.  Not only can I get any book I want, last time I placed an order I got a pasta machine and a new gasket for my pressure cooker and a book of Rabbi Nachman quotes.  Is this great or what?

Not only the convenience of shopping, there is the whole ebook thing which has changed and improved my life in immeasurable ways.

I can write anything I want to.  I don't have an agent or an editor telling me it won't sell 20,000 copies.  If it sells 5000 or 500 or 50 I'm thrilled.  I get to say what I want to say.  I get to tell the stories I want to tell.  I don't know what epublishing would be without the Kindle.

So, yes, I am filled with gratitude.

Dig Deeper

No comments: