Friday, June 25, 2010

Research

My agent asked me to work up a proposal for a thing, which I won't describe at the moment, so I have a lot of reading to do.

I want to finish Kate before I start anything else so I hope to complete that this weekend.  Over the intervening years, while in some ways I can see how my thinking is the same, in other ways, it's not.  It's good to know I think I'm smarter now than then.  Some elements I have issues with now about the book weren't issues to my very excellent and well-respected editors at Atheneum.  I don't know if I will ever understand that or if I will simply chalk it up to that's how things were done then.  I wonder if Jane Austen would have changed anything in Pride and Prejudice had she been able to have another pass at it.  Would she have given Mr Darcy a first name?


Here's a wonderful poster that could hardly be much better.  The one thing I think we could do without is all the text.  I'll quick Photoshop it out and we can decide which works better.

No comments: