Tuesday, May 25, 2010

We're Having a Heat Wave

A tropical heat wave,
The temperature's rising,
It isn't surprising,
She certainly can can-can.
     ----Irving Berlin 1933


I rebuilt the ice cream parlor vid this morning and ran out of steam.  Or I was steaming is closer to the reality.

Over at Joe Konrath's site there was an article at Publishers Weekly about him.  It was typical mainstream media stuff, full of mistakes and biases posing as reality.  The commenters all seemed shocked (shocked I tell you) that PW would lie and demean his accomplishments.  This is so not news for me, where I go on the net, we see that every day. But okay, it's a big surprise when it's happening to you.

The other thing Joe talked about is DRM.  He's against it, I'm against it.  He doesn't care about piracy, I don't care about piracy.  Some of the people were so upset.  I wondered if any of these people who are shouting that piracy is theft, it's illegal (is it illegal to record a movie from TCM and watch it whenever you want?), are okay with smoking pot.  Just asking.



No comments: